Instant R – An Introduction to R for Statistical Analysis
The R software is rapidly growing in popularity as a statistical analysis package due to its versatility, attractive graphics and open source license.
The book gives an introduction to using R, with a focus on performing popular statistical methods. It is suitable for anyone that is familiar with basic statistics and wants to begin using R to analyse data and create statistical plots.
No prior knowledge of R or of programming is assumed, making this book ideal if you are more accustomed to using point-and-click style statistical packages.
You will learn how to:
- Navigate the R system
- Enter and import data
- Manipulate datasets
- Calculate summary statistics
- Create statistical plots and customise their appearance
- Perform hypothesis tests such as the t-test and analysis of variance
- Build regression models
- Create your own functions
- Access additional functionality with the use of add-on packages